My family and I love pot roast. It's the perfect meal for a cold stormy day. And that's exactly what we had this week a cold, windy, wet week. You see, there were a series of storms that swept our way and nothing would make us feel better except comfort food. We are on our way out of a drought and the storms have passed, this cluster anyway. Tonight we were still in the comfort food mood and there was an extra roast in the fridge. The only thing I could think of to make was a pot roast. Here's the recipe. Like all my recipes this one is super easy and inspired by other recipes.
1 yellow onion
1 chuck roast, about 3 lbs
3 red potatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups beef broth
2 cups of vegetable broth
1. Pour beef broth and vegetable broth into crock pot.
2. Place roast in the crockpot. Season with season salt and pepper.
3. Cut veggies into chunks and add them to crock pot.
4. Add Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
Serves 3 to 4 people