Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Summertime Treats: Orange Creamsicle Truffles






                             Summer is around the corner. I mean, literally, it's next month. How did the school

year go by so fast? Soon backyard BBQ's and cool treats will be in full swing. Are ready for the

onslaught of pool parties and picnics? I don't know about you, but I am always on the hunt for a new

sweet treat during the summer months. Ice cream flavored treat and just ice cream in general seem to

be the most popular choices.

                             Growing up orange creamsicles were one of my favorite treats. the orange outer

shell mixed with the creamy vanilla center. I kinda want one right now. I wanted these truffles to

remind me of those yummy treats and they do! Even my daughter was excited to try them. And if

you like them you will probably like my Blueberries and Cream Truffles too. Okay, here is the

recipe. I hope you like it. Wait! I have a question for you. What's your favorite summer time treat?

Tell me in the comments below.


Ingredients:

1. package of orange candy melts, about 11 oz.

2. 1/2 cup white chocolate chips

3. 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

4. orange candy flavor


Instructions:

1. Heat heavy whipping cream in a small sauce pan until simmering.

2. Pour whipping cream over candy melts in a heat safe bowl and stir until completely melted.

3. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until the mixture is set.

4. Roll mixture into balls and place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Freeze until set. About 30 minutes.

5. Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or mug and microwave in 10 second intervals until smooth.

6. Drizzle white chocolate onto the truffles and place them back into the freezer until set.

Store them in an air tight container in the fridge for about a week. Makes about 20 pieces. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment