Monday, May 29, 2017

Granny Stripe Baby Blanket




                   A few months ago I decided to crochet a baby blanket for my brother's newborn baby

boy. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give something handmade. I guess my brain is just

wired that way. How about you? Do you just have to give the gift of handmade? There's just

something that is put into the item that makes it that much more special.

                  When I was little I had a quilt that I just loved. It was a yellow hand-tied quilt with squares

with different shades of yellow. I always used that blanket. It didn't matter what time of year it was it

was always there. Eventually, it got old and thin. Sadly, I don't know where it is. Maybe it's still with

my mom or maybe it was tossed. There is one thing I am sure of, though, it got a lot of love.

               Okay, back to the baby blanket. I used a multi-colored yarn for the body and a white yarn

that I had in my stash for the border. Now, to be honest, I don't remember what the pattern for the

the border is called. I do know that is was a simple pattern and an easy stitch. The granny stripe is

achieved by making three double crochets in each space of a cluster. It's super easy and it works very

quickly. You can find it just by searching the internet. It's pretty popular.

               What was your favorite blanket as a child? Share in the comments below. Do you have a

a project that you're working on right now? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment