Friday, March 16, 2012

Chocolate Cookies topped with Mint Flavored Candy

First, before I get to the recipe I have to tell you something that I am so excited about. Today I got a stove top espresso maker, and I am so excited about it. Now I can make my own vanilla lattes. Now, some of you are probably thinking that it's just coffee. But it's not, it's so much more. I don't have to worry about spending five dollars on a cup of specialty coffee anymore. I can just walk into the kitchen and make it myself. Now, I haven't had the chance to make one yet, but when I do I will let you all know how it turns out. Also, if you have any tips on how to make a great cup of coffee let me know. I would love to hear them. Now, on to the cookies.

This recipe is really easy. On this one, like many others, I just used what I had on hand. I used a box cookie mix but I bet the cookies would be so much better from scratch. So, here they are; I hope you all like them.


Ingrediants:

1 box chocolate cookie mix
1 egg
1 stick butter
half a bag of candy green candy coating
creme de menthe candy flavoring oil
sprinkles

Insructions:

1. Mix and bake the cookies as directed on the box.

2. While cookies cool melt candy coating in a microwave save bowl just like you have done before.

3. When the coating is melted add a few drops of the candy flavoring and stir well. Remember a little goes a long way.

4. Spread the candy over the cookies with a spoon or an off set spatula and immidiately add sprinkles on top before they dry.

That's it! Yummy Mint Chocolate Cookies. I hope you enjoy them. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow these look yummy! My kiddos would love them! Thanks for the link on my fan page. Glad I was able to hop over nad get some fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them. Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad you were able to take a look around.

    ReplyDelete