Saturday, February 18, 2012
Cherry Truffles Topped with Shredded Coconut
Half a bag of red color white chocoate candy discs
cherry candy flavoring oil
1. Melt candy discs in a microwaveable bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth. Stirring after each addition.
2. Fill truffle molds and lightly tap on counter top to get all the air bubbles out. Refigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
3. Tap the mold onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper until all the truffles are out of the mold.
4. Mix milk and powdered sugar in a small bowl to make icing. You will want it kind of thick because this will be the glue for the shredded coconut.
5. Top each truffle with the icing and then a little of the shredded coconut and let it set until dry. Keep in an air tight container. Should make about 28 truffles.