Saturday, July 30, 2011
Cinnamon Ganache Filled Orange Cups
Things you'll need:
candy cup mold or paper candy cups
a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag
a decorator's brush
white candy coating
orange flavoring oil
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
What to do:
1. Pour some white candy coating into a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals; stirring after each until smooth. Add about 3 drops of orange candy oil and stir well.
2. Pour a little of the mixture into the mold or paper cups. With the decorator's brush (it looks like a small artist's brush) brush the candy onto the sides of the mold. Do this until the sides are completely covered, one at a time. Put into the fridge for 30 min. or until hard.
3. While you wait for the cups to harden pour the chocolate chips into a medium size bowl. In a saucepan heat heavy cream and cinnamon just until boiling, mix well.
4. Pour the liquid over the chocolate and stir until smooth. Cover and put into the fridge for 15 minutes. You don't want the ganache to get too thick. It just needs to cool enough so that you can put it into a piping bag.
5. While you wait take out the cups and take them out of the mold or paper cups.
6. Okay, now you'll want to put some ganache into a plastic bag or piping bag and cut the tip. You don't need to use a cake decorating tip if you don't want to. You don't want to cut too much off the tip of the bag because it will just make a huge mess, chocolate everywhere. You don't want that.
7.Pipe the ganache into the cups in a swirl until they are full. Put them into the fridge for 1 hour. When the ganache is set add sprinkles and enjoy.