Friday, July 22, 2011

I Have Some Great News

    Today I bought two things that are very important to me. The first thing is a small cookie scoop. Why did I buy a small cookie scoop? I bought it to make chocolate truffles, yum. I love making truffles, and now I can make them all the same size. Before, I use to shape them by hand and it took forever to get the ganache to shape into balls. Now I can shape the truffles with ease. I can't wait to make truffles.
     The second thing I bought was a stand mixer. It's not a professional greade mixer but I love it and it is just what I need. I haven't been able to make buttercream in so long I may have forgotten what it tastes like. I did try to use a hand mixer to make the buttercream frosting once, on my daughter's birthday. It turned out that the frosting was too thick for the mixer and almost burnt out the motor, and so I had to give up on making frosting. Now I can make frosting and anything else my heart desires. So, that's my big news. The doors have opened for more creative ideas and I look forward to sharing them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment