Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Chocolate Cranberry Clusters
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped almonds or more if needed
1 cup apple cinnamon cereal
medium microwaveable bowl
a cookie sheet
wax or parchment paper
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside. In the medium bowl melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
2. Add the dried cranberries and the chopped almonds and stir well.
3. When the cranberry mixture is done add the cereal. Now, this is going to a little more time to mix. You are going to want to mix this until everything is coated in chocolate.
4. Scoop the mixture by tablespoon and put them on the wax paper. You can also use a regular or a teaspoon for smaller clusters.
5. Let them set until dry. About 30 minutes. This depends on how hot it is where you are. It might take a little longer. This makes about 7 big clusters.