Friday, November 30, 2012

A Little Bit About My Jewelry Making

                    I love to make jewelry. I've been doing it for a couple of years now but oly as a hobby. I used to do it many years ago in high school with those tiny seed beads. Remember those? I used to make daisy chain necklaces in my school colors. It was a lot of fun, but I got tired of working with those tiny beads and wasn't realy into the bigger beads at the time so I decided to quit.

                    Ok, now lets fast forward a bit. One year I went to a craft fair with my mom and sister and saw all the wonderful handmade items that these wonderful artists had made specially the jewelry. I wanted so badly to make something of my own. First, I got into crocheting and that took a long time to learn. You see, I taught myself, and being left handed and only finding right handed books I had to learn the hard way. I had to flip everything around so that I could understand it. That took for ever. But, of Course I still wasn't happy. I needed to learn something else.

                   I started researching how to make jewelry. I watched videos and read books. I also taught myself how to make jewelry. Which brings us to present day and now I have so many hobbies I don't know what to do with.
                
                  I mailny work with semi- precious gemstones and crystals. I'm going to start working with stirling silver and gold plated.  I also make stretch bracelets. The bracelet that I have here is made out of Red Agate and Citrine chips. It's a four strand stretch bracelet. Thank's for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this post. I hope come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment