Thursday, January 10, 2013
Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Pops
This recipe was supposed to be posted before the holidays but time got away with me, so I am going to post it now. These pops are a mix of peppermint white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache on a stick and dipped in chocolate. If you love chocolate and peppermint then you are going to love these. So, lets get started.
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
About 9 crushed candy canes
some milk chocolate for dipping
1/2 cup heavy cream for white chocolate
3/4 cup heavy cream for the chocolate
1. Heat heavy cream until slightly bubbling then pour over chocolate and white chocolate. Stir until smooth.
2. Add some of the crushed candy canes to the white chocolate mixture. Cover both bowls and put them in the fridge for 1 hour.
3.Scoop half a spoonful of each mixture and roll them together into a ball. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Take them out of the freezer and put a lollipop stick in each truffle. Place them back into the freezer so they don't melt.
5. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave at 30 sec. intervals until smooth, stirring after each.
6. Dip each truffle in the chocolate and place the back on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining candy cane pieces and place in the fridge until set. Makes about 12-24 pops
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.